How to Use Internet Explorer for Mac
If you’ve just migrated from a PC to a Mac, you’ve probably realized that the Internet Explorer browser that you’re used to is no longer available. Even though Internet Explorer is no longer the default browser on Windows, you may need to view a website that is only available on IE or on a PC.
On a Mac, there are three ways to use IE.
You might want to visit a site on your Mac that requires Internet Explorer to load, but you won’t be able to do so because the software isn’t available for Mac. You may, however, change the user agent to make Safari appear to be a different browser.
However, changing the user agent does not make Safari the default browser; as a result, any site or web app that relies on the Internet Explorer rendering engine will not function properly.
1. To do so, go to the Safari menu and pick Preferences from the drop-down menu.
2. After that, go to the Advanced tab.
3. To enable this option, go to the Show Develop Menu in Menu Bar and click the box next to it.
There will be a new Develop menu. Select Internet Explorer as the browser you want to use by opening the menu and pointing to the User Agent submenu. The website you’re on will be immediately updated to reflect Internet Explorer, but make sure you switch back when you’re finished.
Changing the user agent should work for most things in your browser. However, anything that operates outside of your browser will require Windows or true Internet Explorer.
In a virtual machine, open IE.
Most of the reasons for using IE on a Mac can be addressed by changing the user agent in Safari, but if you still need it, you can run it in a virtual environment.
A virtual machine (VM) enables you to try out a new operating system without having to instal it on your Mac. You can also securely execute software from another operating system. In this scenario, you can use Internet Explorer on your Mac.
Using a virtual machine to run IE isn’t a simple option, but it will allow you to run a full-fledged version of Windows as an app inside macOS. You can then use Internet Explorer or any other old Windows program from there.
VMware Fusion is one of the most popular virtual machine tools for getting IE for Mac.
1. Download VMware Fusion and the Windows ISO file and run the VMware Fusion application to get started.
2. In the Installation Method window, choose Create a new custom virtual machine.
3. Select Finish after dragging and dropping your Windows ISO file onto the dialogue window.
4. Launch the VM again and select Play to set up Windows.
To get the office product key for activation of office setup, click office.com/setup.